Friday 16 August 2019

Climbing Everest

Image result for mount everest
Hi my name is Kody and my class is learning about Sir Edmund Hillary.
Sir Edmund Hillary was the first person to climb to the top of Mount Everest.

On a cloudy day very snowy and Freezing. We get our big heavy bags and put them on our back.
Then we start packing up our gear while feeling very excited well gazing up the Humongous mountain that is ahead of us. The person that was coming with me was thinking about the big menacing mountain we were about to climb. So we start getting ready for climbing up the mountain while gazing upon the obstacles we had to face. 

We start to climb the tallest mountain waiting for my fellow climber to catch up with me. Because I was going so fast up the mountain. I look at my friend waiting and waiting for him. The big tanks on our back are very heavy so it was hard for us to get up it felt like we had weights on our backs. So we reach a 1/4 of the mountain and reach the first camp our backs are really sore.
Its the next morning and we get our stuff together now its way colder than before so we needed extra gear so that we didn't get frost bite. And then after several hours of climbing we reach whats called the death zone this place sounds very menacing because we feel really weak. We feel like a feather. At this point my friend faints and falls on the ground so I had to take him to the closest camp. Well carrying my friend he wakes up and starts walking. We make it to camp and we are about 60,000ft High onto the mountain. We fall asleep and wait for the next morning and then we will not stop till we get to the summit of the mountain. 

Now its the final morning and we are about to climb the rest of mount Everest.
We start to climb while feeling as weak as paper. My friend faints again so i help him up and that's when we hit the top. we feel so accomplished and so awesome. As we climb down my friend faints for the 3rd time so I wait for him to get up but then after some time hes still not awake and my oxygen tank is very low and this is when I get worried. So i left him for dead and i got to the last 3 camps and got down. That was such a mission bu now I feel great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.